Paintgun.io wants to spark your imagination. Who sparked ours:
- Mohammad Yunus — Radical. Power of ideas.
- Elon Musk — Entrepreneurship. Beyond earthly objectives.
- Iris Van Herpen — Transformation. Rethinking techniques.
- Yvon Chouinard — Ethos. Value with purpose.
- The Eames — Love. Gift it away.
These extraordinary individuals inspired us to build something great, but let’s face it, these kind of inspiring stories are not going to drop your Cost Per Acquisition (CPA).
What drops it?
Best performers are ads that don’t look like ads.
They blend in the aesthetic of an app with different formats, such as memes, ASMR, TikTok/Twitch content, so ads appear as user generated content (video memes, fake tweets, testimonials etc).
Ads which blend into someone’s timeline like an organic post are successful. Why? Because of banner blindness — it’s a phenomenon where people consciously or unconsciously ignore banner-like information
The human brain is a prediction machine. It is continuously analysing information it comes across. Whenever you see a type of content repeatedly, your brains begins notice and discard.
Create ads that blend in with social media feeds, communicates brand info in seconds, and creates a positive/familiar social association with your app.
Let’s take it back one step or two..
Why is mobile acquisition so damn hard?
- Attention economy — people are more selective than ever in clicking as their attention is a finite resource
- People are less visible— Facebook’s decline, mobile fragmentation and walled gardens make it harder for advertisers to reach you
- We live in the age of niche — no longer can you serve a whole population with a single ad proposition
How does Paintgun.io make it easier?
- High tempo testing — we test creative at a ridiculously fast pace. We follow Sean Ellis/GrowthHackers method. We shoot a high volume of creatives faster at Facebook than basically anyone you know.
- Social currency — we get people’s attention with social capital. We style our ads as organic content, testing formats from Animation, Instant, Memes, Timelapse, ASMR and AR/VR.
- Micro targeting — never before has it been easier to target a specific group of individuals. We develop personas with dedicated creative assets and test who responds to what.
How does our preferred agency-client relationship look like?
- We value collaboration —to achieve the most creative/powerful expression of the human spirit, we promote a culture of continuous debate and renewal. We follow Pixar’s method of “braintrust meetings” described in Creativity Inc. We like to see client-agency, marketeers & creatives on both sides opening up.
- Design thinking — we triangulate thinking by including performance & creatives in the same room. We group performance marketeers, data-scientists, copywriters, designers, 3d animators— similarly to IDEO’s 10 Faces of Innovation.
What makes our ads relatable?
- Ads to make you happy — instead of playing into anxiety and fear, we advertise by showing people something they have not seen before
- We juxtapose beliefs and societal constructs — we dare to talk about race, gender, sexuality, subcultures — like how Virgil Abloh challenges norms and conventions
What’s our purpose?
- Sustainable advertising — to help address the global ecological crisis, we are part of 1% for the planet —Patagonia’s initiative to help humanity forward. But Paintgun.io actually does 7% of annual sales.
Are you working on an exciting app?
Thank you for your time!